Sunday, June 15, 2008

So Long, Friend

We can hardly believe D-day is tomorrow! Holy schnikes. This is big time.

Below, our make shift pantry (one of the office bookcases) during the construction:


And, where all our kitchen goodies are being stored in the basement:


Oh, kitchen... we've come so far together. This kitchen has made many a family meal (well, not for our family, but maybe the people who lived here before)... so this kitchen deserves a proper send off! So, to cheers to the *old* kitchen! (Turn up your sound for audio pleasure):



Construction begins tomorrow morning at 8:30am and is supposed to last 2-1/2 weeks. I have started a new poll above -- will the kitchen be completed by July 1? You be the judge! Most people I've mentioned this to say "Heck no!". But the promise of a speedy schedule is a big part of why we selected this vendor. So, fingers crossed! Bill, I believe in you and your team! Otherwise, I am going to owe a couple of folks lunch.

I plan to update the blog everyday with one picture, until the kitchen is complete. I won't email everyday, so please bookmark us and check back daily for a shot with the progress.

Are you excited? I AM!

More to come -- daily!
Carole (& Adam)

PS: to the whopping 13 of you who voted in our appliance poll, congrats to the 38% of you (5 people!) who said we'd get our LG appliances, but with a price. That's the outcome! We are moving forward with the LG suite, for a little more money. We think it will be worth it!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Two things:

1) I can't believe you made that video.

2) I can't believe I watched that whole video.

I must really be procrastinating.

Kate

C+A said...

I just lopped the video shorter, by about 60 seconds. I know, too much time on my hands! It is pretty silly though, me thinks :)